Emerald Coast Top Salon 2017 Fashion Event | #bboygivesback
We’ve been involved with the Emerald Coast Top Salon event since its inception back in 2011. I (Brian B), personally, feel honored to have DJ’d 3 out of the 6 events (including the last 2 consecutive years). It’s a unique event in that they select a handful of local salons to participate and “battle” one another. Each salon has a charity they are supporting. The Emerald Coast Top Salon 2017 battle is fairly simple: Take one person (of the salon’s choosing) and do a complete make-up (hair, make-up, clothing, etc.). The winning salon’s charity is awarded a substantial cash donation.
The 2017 event was held at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort and Spa in the Emerald Ballroom on April 7, 2017. Over 600 people were in attendance to see 14 salons battle it out and see their models walk the runway. Pure and Couture Salon won “Fan Favorite”, Southern Roots Salon and Spa won the “Judges’ Pick award” and the grand prize, the 2017 “Top Salon” was Avantgarde Salon Spa. This was Avantgarde 4th time winning the event and 2nd consecutive win. Their benefiting charity was Others of Destin, Inc.
Runway tracks were as follows:
- Volume One Salon: “Get Me Bodied” by Beyonce
- Traveling Chic: “Confident” by Demi Lovato
- The Posh Daisy Salon Spa: “Live Like You Are Loved” by Hawk Nelson
- The Kat House Hair Studio: “Pound The Alarm” by Nicki Minaj
- The Cutting Room Salon and Spa: “Vivrant Thing” by Q-Tip
- Spa Lala Day Spa and Salon: “Layla” by Eric Clapton
- Southern Roots Salon and Spa: “American Woman” by The Guess Who
- Serenity by the Sea Spa: “Me Too” by Meghan Trainor
- Pure & Couture Salon: “Something Just Like This (Vanity X Kevin Peels Remix)” – The Chainsmokers & Coldplay
- project:STYLE salon: “U Got the Look” by Prince
- Lux Solis Aveda Salon & Spa: “Girl On Fire” by Alicia Keys
- La Renaissance Salon: “Can’t Stop The Feeling” by Justin Timberlake
- Avantgarde Salon Spa: “24K” by Bruno Mars
- As You Like It Salon and Spa: “Finally (Roman Hunter Remix)” by CeCe Peniston
DJ Brian B spun the pre-event music setting a high-energy tone with an open format. There were 4 intermissions between the 14 salons that became “booty breaks” with attendees jumping on to the catwalk and dancing it up.
This was by far the most successful showcase in this event’s six year history. Looking forward to including this event in our 2018 #bboygivesback plans.