Palazzo Del Sol Beach House | Destin Wedding
Niki and Martin’s Destin wedding was by far my (DJ Josh Weck) favorite wedding to DJ this year! It didn’t hurt that it took place at my favorite beach house venue, the Palazzo Del Sol, located in Destin, FL. The wedding ceremony was held underneath a tent in the backyard, which was fortunate because it was a rather windy day. The musical accompaniment was a violin, played by a friend of the family, Carol.
Once the ceremony ended, the guests transitioned to the front of Palazzo del Sol for lawn games and drinks. The staff hastily flipped what was the ceremony space and turned it into where the reception was held.
Venue: Palazzo Del Sol, Destin, FL
Wedding Coordination: Christen Cowgill, B-Boy Productions
Wedding Design, Rentals & Floral: B-Boy Rentals & Event Design
Headliner DJ/MC: DJ Josh Weck, B-Boy Productions
Cake: Jennifer Murphy Cakes
Photography: Gwyne Gray Photography
My favorite part of a wedding reception is the toasts. This particular event, the groom bestowed the honor of best man on his father, which could leave him in a precarious position considering his father’s undoubted treasure trove of embarrassing stories. But, as most toasts end up, it was very heartfelt, very touching, and full of love: the recipe that makes up a great toast. Now that those formalities were taken care of, it was time to dance!
Reception Formality Music
- Grand Entrance (Wedding Party): “24K Magic” by Bruno Mars
- Grand Entrance (Bride/Groom): “Hooked On A Feeling” by Blue Suede
- First Dance: “L-O-V-E” by Nat King Cole
- Father/Daughter Dance: “I Loved Her First” by Heartland
- Mother/Son Dance: “Here Comes The Sun” by The Beatles
- Cake Cut: “Can’t Help Myself” by The Four Tops
- Bouquet Toss: “Man! I Feel Like a Woman” by Shania Twain
- Garter Removal/Toss: “Hot in Herre” by Nelly
- Last Dance: “The Time of My Life” (Dance Remix) by Bill Medley & Jen Warnes
Niki had very specific songs for both of the dance sets. Usually, I get a bit nervous when the night is overly formatted. But, the songs she picked were GREAT selections and the guests loved them as well. The night was truly Niki and Martin’s. The dance floor filled immediately for the Anniversary Countdown and stayed packed the entire time there was open dancing. Here’s to the Geil’s! May they enjoy many happy years together.